Garage Storage Ideas
Does your garage need a makeover, so you can find things? Do you feel like you park your vehicle in a storage unit, or are you simply trying to get your parking space back? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then this list of garage storage tricks is for you! Stay on budget and get organized to start the year off right.
1. Use vertical space. Shelving units and ceiling mounts will open up a lot of space that you're not currently using.
2. Maximize wall space. Peg boards or inexpensive wire shelving can free up countertops from clutter.
3. Get a free-standing storage unit. Brooms, rakes, and other long-handled tools can be kept upright in a tall, narrow unit.
4. Use painter’s tape. Mark out parking spaces for kid cars and toys, so they can help you keep the garage organized.
5. Use old cabinets. Keep things off the ground by adding more storage to your walls with inexpensive or old cabinets.
6. Use every inch. Overhead storage is a great way to utilize unused space. Install a wire shelf along the top of your wall, so you can place plastic storage bins up and out of the way. It’s perfect for holiday items that are only used once a year.
7. Organize with magnets. A magnetic knife holder can double as a screwdriver holder for your garage!
8. Contain loose screws and nails. Use old jars to keep small hardware organized.
9. Hampers are not just for clothes. Collect basketballs, soccer balls, footballs and more with pop-up laundry hampers.
10. Use PVC pipes. Garden tools getting in the way? Hang PVC pipes on the walls to securely store tools.